Why would a guy avoid me after I told him I can understand him now?

I’ve known this guy friend for almost 1.5 years. Over this time, I could tell from what he talked about that he had difficult childhood because of his strict parents but I could never ask him directly. He is practically on his own as the parents don’t care much about him. He has sibling who is much older to him and has his own family.
this guy is happy go lucky who developed feelings for me and I did too for him. Yesterday we were talking and he happened to mention in detail how he did almost all house chores as a child as his father worked in different city so he had to help his mother. And he got beaten with Bamboo spoon sometimes.

after that I sent him a message telling him that I could tell something was off but I never quite understood why but I understand him now fully. I also wrote that I won’t comment on strict parenting but I want him to keep his happy go lucky attitude.
Today, he is avoiding any face to face interactions with me. He did say hello to me but I’m just confused why he is avoiding me. Any clues?
1
0