Why does a guy in my class abruptly look away; somewhat repulsed, when our eyes meet?

He's shy (can't even present a topic in front of the class) and has been doing this ever since he noticed me glancing at him a few times. Once when he was entering class he ABRUPTLY left at the door when he realized he had just made eye contact with me. (there's no other reason why he left) I also noticed once when I was entering class his friend was staring at me, (this friend has had a crush on me since last year, and often stares at me almost entranced and quickly looks away when I catch him) so naturally the guy I'm talking about turned to see who his friend was ogling and when he saw it was me he ABRUPTLY, almost violently jerked his head away. Once when I was passing by he ABRUPTLY (sorry for being redundant, but I can't think of a more befitting word) shot his head up to notice me.. Don't know what he did after that cuz I figured I'd better just ignore him. I kinda like him, but get upset at the thought that he's repulsed by me (even though I've given him no reason to) I mean if he dislikes me that much, why is he so aware of my presence.. why bother notice me. It's not like I'm always staring at him and giving him the creeps! His behavior hurts me tbh. What do I make of this and what do I do about it?
3 d
I mean to ask what does he most probably feel towards me? Is he repulsed or what?
6
1