Does he hate me now or is this him trying to hide his feelings and push me away?

A co-worker and I used to flirt all the time. He used to stop by my desk for any reason at all and talk to me about anything at all. He used to be so happy to talk to me, silly and goofy. A few weeks back, everything changed. He wouldn't tell me but I heard that someone spoke up and said that he was disruptive and shouldn't come by my desk. People even assumed that we were together. Having just gotten out of a very intense divorce, I'm not sure if it was a combination of him being reprimanded or him realizing that it was too much too soon but he suddenly completely pulled back. Now, I don't hear from him or see him or talk to him. He doesn't come to my desk whatsoever now. I see him glance at a far at me for always turn and look back at me before he leaves the room smiling. I'm lucky if I even get to chat with him for 30 seconds in the hallway. But when I have to go to his desk oh, he doesn't even bother to look up at me half the time if at all. It's perhaps he's in a good mood that day sometimes he does because he usually cannot resist teasing me. But now he actually is very bossy w me now & even talks down to me almost but teasing me at the same time. Now I feel as though I bother him but what am I to think if he won't text or talk to me? But still, I miss my old friend. I'm sad because I feel like I I'm a nuisance to him. That I annoy him. But then out of nowhere he will be so sweet and thoughtful but it will literally be for just a split-second literally in passing. Do these type of things blow over? Is he just officially done with even knowing me even though we had been friends for the last few years? Or, is he being a little bit more mean to me or serious as some sort of self-preservation? That may be in his mind if he's mean to me then I won't be coming around and make it difficult for him. That maybe he does want to talk to me and know me, he just won't let himself?
1
0