Is it okay to text a traditional guy first?

Matched with this guy on a Christian app. He said he wants to be friends first to see if we’re compatible. He’s American, has the same core values as me. He shared about his last relationship, 7 years ago he was one year friends with her and then dated two years. He’s been single for a long time and same as me. This guy rarely texts me but he does text me later. Yesterday he didn’t text me all day and I figured he was busy and I was right. He got off the plane and texted me first but then it was late he just liked my message and left me on seen last night. Today he hasn’t texted me. Am I overthinking this and should just be okay cuz he wants to be friends first meaning he wants to take things slow? he said, he has an attraction for traditional things. He knows I go to
College and is supportive that I should chase my dreams. Is it fine if a guy doesn’t text you everyday and texts you later? What does it mean when a guy is traditional? Doesn’t text everyday, starts as friends?
4