Am I being used? Is there a point in asking for an explanation, or is it just time to move on?

I started talking to a guy from my hometown online (mutual friends) for 3 months while I out of province for uni. I ended up back in town, and we actually met in person. We actually only hung out only 4 times, because of work schedules, but we were talking more consistently (like everyday, through calling, texting, and video calls) Everything seemed to be going good for nearly a month, the only problem is that he was leaving for vacation back in his home country for the rest of the summer. At this point nothing was official or anything but we both knew that we liked each other. A few days before he left, he tried to cut me off, saying he didn't want to talk to me again it would be to hard, and so on. I was pretty upset, but I wasn't trying to push it. The same day he said that he message me later saying he didn't mean it, that he thought it was for the best, but he actually couldn't cut me off. Hesitantly I did forgive him, giving him the second chance I guess. So for nearly 2 months now he has been on the other side of the world. At first we messaged a lot, and then in the past couples weeks the messages are further and further apart. He won't reply for multiple days at a time, and give excuses of not having much time to talk to me. If I try to voice that I am feel disconnect he tells me not to block him, not to forget him, that everything will be fine, etc. At this point though I don't know if he pulling me along, and ghosting me on purpose or whether there is a legitimate reason. I don't want to seem possessive or clingy, but I am feeling like I need to bluntly ask what is going on. I know wifi is less than perfect there, but I feel like that is not it. I question whether is has to do with his family. Because even when he was here he didn't want his mom to know he was talking to a girl, and over there they are speaking a different language, while I only speak English so I don't know if it's something that's being hidden. Sorry for the length, thanks in advance :)
2
0