Boyfriend gets mean when angry? Help me understand what I should do when he's angry?

Sometimes he’s in a bad mood, and gets mad at me for trying to comfort him.

or something bad happens and I try to help be understanding and he’ll yell at me to stop (as in stop talking)

it hurts my feelings, I’m the most understanding person in the world but as soon as he yells he apologizes for it soon after, but I still feel shitty that he yelled at me for trying to comfort him.

i know he’s had anger issues (and probably still does) but guys can you help me understand what to do when he’s angry and why this happens?

thank you, I just want to help him but I don’t want to seem like I don’t care either
26 d
Examples:

During sex he came really really fast and was upset at himself, I tried to tell him it’s because we haven’t done it in a while but he yelled at me to stop.

Once when we were snowboarding the hills were super icy, he had a bad run and I blamed it on the ice but once again he yelled “stop trying to comfort me!!” Right at my face
39
20