Girls, Why does my friends with benefits still text me even though he has a girlfriend?

Long story short things didn't really end well between us. There was no clear discussion or agreement that we were only friends with benefits. He did a lot of leading me on (taking me out to dinner, and asking me to go shopping with him) thinking we could have been something even when I asked what we were in the beginning (he avoided the question). A couple months later when I asked again that he wasn't looking for a relationship. I got really hurt by that and we never spoke for a couple more months. While we were hooking up I did have some suspicions he was seeing someone.
Fast forward he started texting me again. Not sure why I even replied- don't give me shit for it.
I found out he had a girlfriend. surprise surprise. I'm not apposed to talking to him as a friend because we did have a really good connection and we got a long well... its just that every time he texts me, its always about the shit we used to do. I wouldn't mind if he didn't have a girlfriend. He always try to get me to talk about it but I always tell him no dude, you have a girlfriend and I can tell it annoys him.

what are his intentions? why does he still text?
Girls, Why does my friends with benefits still text me even though he has a girlfriend?
Add Opinion