Teenage boy opened door for me despite me being really far away?

Okay, I may be overthinking this. It could just be a guy being polite, but otherwise he rarely talks or acknowledges I’m there. The other day at work I was a good forty feet from this guy at the gate— and we were separated by a fence. I had to walk around the fence to get to the door, and I realized he was waiting there, standing with his back to the door, and waiting for my to go through first. It took me a good forty seconds to get there, and he was waiting there staring at me. I kind of started to jog, but stopped because I was weirded out that he was holding the door open while I was so far away, and I just walked through. He didn’t say anything, so I turned back and said thank you, and he said no problem. And that was it. Why the hell would someone wait about a minute just to let a girl go through the door first? We’re both teens— he’s 18, I’m 17. Thoughts? Am I overthinking this?
3
0