I can impulsively jump to conclusions and I want to be sure is my ex playing mind games or is there a chance he actually cares? Is this a lost cause?

Anonymous
I recently started talking to my ex again but he's ignoring/ghosting me now for whatever reason. I haven't a clue why he won't talk to me as I didn't say or do anything to make him upset or uncomfortable. Anyways I'm trying to read between the lines for answers and it leave me with more questions than before.

When we first started talking he was really into it.
After ignoring me I'll ask him this and nothing!
Then everytime I asked him this question he avoids the question and ignores me
2. He's never liked any of my fb or instagram post/pics but I've seen him like 90% of his exes selfies and he'll like other peoples (male and female) post but bever mine.
1. If caring about me is dictated on us talking then he must not care about me now because he's ignoring me. He's ignored me the past and a year later I'll message him and it's like we never stopped talking.
Then I sent him a pic of me in a bathing suit which he seemed to like. We messaged for about 5 hours he says he cares about me but I don't feel he really does because...
We've known eachother 7 years since college and even when I was impulsively bugging him (which I apologized for) he never once blocked me *knock on wood*.
How can someone that knows your feelings for them treat someone like this it makes no sense!
This was way after I sent the pic of me
This was way after I sent the pic of me
I don't know what to do. I want to move on and "hope" we find our way back to eachother like fate but that seems so naive to me when the realist side of me thinks maybe this is a game to him and he's been playin me along. I also confessed to him I was in love with him when we were in college, he said he didn't know what to say cause it was back then.
1
2