Is this possessiveness or overprotective?

I like this guy but I don't know what is is with him. He acts like he's too cool for me or something or out of my league. I'm a shy girl, virgin, never kissed. He doesn't know that. I don't think anyone knows that but my family. He treats me like he is too good/popular for me but he's oddly protective about me.
What he does that most is, when a guy is trying to talk to me, he's quickly over in a hurry and sees what we're talking about. He gets angry when a guy speaks to me. He stands behind me with his hands on his hips, listening to us. He doesn't get angry at me but at the guy. I was thinking I came off as easy because im too shy and he knows how some guys will take advantage of a girl like that. But I think he's that kind of guy himself though. lol? (I do get a feeling that he wants sex from me some days.) When I wear a skirt or a dress too short he gets worried. Thats when he gets really protective about and doesn't like guys looking at me.

He's has settled down and let his ego go a little. Still protective, makes sure no guys are talking to me. He doesn't talk about himself much and he's being more humble. Whenever we are together, he may say some jokes about me not doing something right and belittling me but he tells me he's joking and not to let it get to me.
1
1