This guy in my scout troop keeps randomly talking to me?

I joined a Boy Scout girl troop a few months ago, but because I'm the only member yet I do some activities with the Boy Scout troop linked to mine, attending meetings and going on camping trips. I'm technically the leader of my troop, so I'm on the youth leadership committee with three other guys, including one I'll call George.

Sometimes during troop meetings I sit a little to the side, because I'm quiet naturally, and in a loud setting like a troop meeting, I'm even quieter. But George occasionally comes up to me and just randomly asks how I'm doing. Once I respond, he goes back to the activity. When I first joined a few months ago, he didn't do this, but now he does it every meeting.

This weekend there was a camping trip and the troop stayed in two lodges. George and I were in different lodges, but during the first evening he kept coming in and out of the lodge I was in and going into the back room where some of the boys were sleeping. I was reading a book on my bed, which was right next to the back room, and George passed by me a few times. One time he offered me a pistachio, one time he asked me what book I was reading, and one time he came in with a bunch of his friends and called me a bookworm as they went into the back room.

The next day at lunch I was sitting at one of the tables in the lodge with a few other boys, and George came in and sat down right next to me, despite the fact that other spots were open, including several other tables. He asked me a couple of questions like what school I went to, and talked a little bit with the other boys but not much. Then after lunch the troop split up and went to activities, and I didn't see George again until dinner. But during dinner and the next morning when we were packing up, he pretty much ignored me. I didn't mind not having to talk, but it was a little weird because of the drastic shift. I'm just confused as to his behavior, and why he kept randomly talking to me, as well as why he suddenly stopped.
2
2