Does this mean that sex is the most important thing to him (in our relationship)?

We've been together for 7 months now. We have a nice relationship, he treats me with respect and I always had a feeling that he cares about me. However, we are now in a long distance relationship and can't see each other often. Two days ago he said that he had to see me soon and we agreed that today would be perfect for both of us. But, in the meantime, I got my period and I told him about that, so he asked me if it was better not to see each other today, but in two days. Wtf? His explanation was that he's afraid that we would fight since I'm moody when I'm on my period and also, he said that he always wants me so bad when he sees me, and it would be hard for him not to be able to touch me. I'm angry because this makes me feel like he only cares about sex. Do you think that this is unacceptable?
4
3