Would a man degrade himself just to keep having sec with a girl?

My ex seemed capable of a lot but one thing i didn’t think he would really do was lie to me about loving me just so he could keep having sex with me. I told my friends about what had happened between us and the girlfriends all said that he was willing to do anything to keep having sex with me. But my male friend said that he wasn’t quiet sure what to think. We saw how he treated me in the end, but leading up to a very unexpected ending he would cry and even even beg for me to stay with him. He would buy me gifts and jump through hoops to win me over. And I feel like he wasn’t the type of man to degrade himself by crying or begging just to have sex. Honestly, I feel like he was too handsome to do that. He had a nice sports car, he was a good “size” and he knew how to use it, and he was really funny. I felt that it was beneath him to lie about loving a girl and do all the stuff he did just for sex. One day while talking with his brothers the conversation got steered to this topic and they all agreed that it was lame for a man to cry, or threaten to kill himself to keep a girl around. My ex had done both of those things at some point- although the threat to harm himself wasn’t as blunt as him saying “I’ll kill myself if you leave”. Moreso he insinuated that if I left he would feel more like he had nothing to live for. I guess what I’m trying to say is, in the end my ex pulled the rug from underneath me by disappearing suddenly and cheating on me when I was trying to love and be there for him. He ruined my trust so much I can hardly believe a word anybody says anymore. I feel like everyone is just saying whatever they think I want to hear rather than the truth. All because my ex just didn’t seem like he would do something so low. He seemed to prideful and too mature and yet, the proof is in the pudding.
3
0