I feel so nervous to date ever since my ex and I broke up. Why?

Anonymous
When I met my ex (thru a dating site), I was not nervous at all when we first talked on the phone and when we first met in person. I felt excited Because I was attracted to him, and the conversation was really comfortable.

Now since we have been broken up for about 5 or 6 mths now, I am back on the dating site, but feel so nervous when a guy asks for my number and when they ask if they can call me. I do not feel excited at all anymore. When I saw my ex's pic on the site, I immediately was like "wow, he is cute!"...now I'm just like "he's okay"...I haven't felt that wow factor.

I DO still have feelings for my ex and would go back to him in a second (I believe he was the one for me), but I know he wants nothing to do with me and that he is happier, so I am trying to move on as well. We have been 3 mths NC.

So why do you think I'm so nervous and not excited? I have several theories but would like to know what you guys thinks. These are my theories:

1)I still love my ex, therefore I'm either subconciously or conciously saying that these other guys are "no good" because I want my ex to come back to me

2)I'm just not ready to date yet Because I know deep down I have issues I need to fix about ME

3)I'm scared Because when I met my ex, I thought we were going to be together forever and I don't want to go through the pain again

so what do you guys think? should I push through these feelings of indifference towards dating and just date, or forget about dating for awhile?

P.S-I am talking to a guy right now on the dating site and he sounds like a good guy. His looks are "okay", not that wow factor. Should I continue talking to him? Thanks so much in advance

4
1