Guys, why did he withdraw?

Putitto_Shibainu
Guy and I met online. He showed interest and seemed genuine. After a week or so of texting, he asked me out on a date. We had a great time and at the end of the evening, he asked for a second date, my number and added me on Facebook the next day. On our second date, we spent the whole day together. It was so fun and the connection and attraction were there, that is how I felt and that is what he claims numerous times. At the end of our second date, he asked me to go to his place, I thanked him but rejected his offer and said I would love to visit his place next time. He reacted kindly and said that is a good idea. He didn't follow up for a third date, a few days later it was new years eve, he wished me happy new year and told me that he is happy that he met me. And I asked whether we will see each other again soon. The next day he picked a date and invited me to his place for a dinner&movie night. I went~ so we cooked and ate dinner together. It was so nice! After dinner we played a quiz-game he found online (questions you can ask each other) to get to know each other. Everything seemed well, then he asked me whether I always carry my phone with me and he told me that, before he met me, he would only check his messages a few times a day (being good at picking up cues, I knew that he was saying that from now on, he would not text me as much as before) and when asked about each others new year resolutions he jokingly asked me whether one of my resolutions is dating strangers online.. (which I thought was a strange thing to say). After the quiz we started the movie, a lot of kissing, cuddling and we ended up having sex. He was very kind and actually majority of the time he was busy pleasing me and making me comfortable.
+1 y
So, after sex, I didn't ask any questions but he started to tell me that he is afraid of commitment and that is because he has been cheated on by his previous two girlfriends and he also had unpleasant experience with his last girlfriend (anxiety) and such (he is also recovering from a burn-out atm). But told me that he does really like me and therefore wants to try and take it slow with me. After that evening, a bit text back and forth, and because I felt he was being a lot less responsive I mi
+1 y
After that evening, a bit text back and forth, and because I felt he was being a lot less responsive I mirrored him and just let the conversation die. Since then, a month has passed and indeed I have not heard from him ever since. It has been a very hurtful experience, especially because it seemed the feelings were mutual. And here I am, looking for some answers and closure on the net... I know it's stupid. But I would like to hear it from you guys. Thank you.

Guys, why did he withdraw?
7