He’s acting strange?

Anonymous
I told my friend that I had a crush on him and should he need space he should have it. At first he was like oh he thinks I need space and then I tried my best not to act awkward and carry on conversation as normal (which we agreed on). For the past week, he acted really cold towards me, so I asked him about that, to which he said, he’s got something going on (which wasn’t true because I saw him acting normal towards our other mates etc) so we stopped all conversation for a week. Now he saw me yesterday, acted all flirty (which is apparently normal) he dropped a message later on in the day, after a quick reply from myself, I had a reply of that TODAY, after he saw me with my other male friend asking “You okay” again to which I replied.
I’ve been told he’s playing games and manipulating me into think that he’s the victim and that I’ve done something wrong by telling him. His behaviour has made me unlike him. I think as an adult he should have had more mature way to handle this.
I don’t know what to do? Should I even bother to reply him back, is he checking if I still like him? I’m so annoyed but I’ve backed out
He’s acting strange?
2
2