Ended things with friends with benefits and I feel so bad. Did I hurt him? Is he mad at me? Should I message him again and say sorry and that I care about him still?

Anonymous
I’d been friends with benefits with a guy for three months. We hit it off super well from the very beginning and he had told me that he didn’t want anything serious at the beginning. I didn’t think I did either, but then after 2 months he started doing things that seemed more than what a causal hookup would do. He would open up to me about his personal matters, his family, his future plans. We shared our favorite songs with each other, messaged every day, etc. Many times we would even meet up and hang out and have a great time without the “benefits.” So I caught feelings for him. Then I felt him getting distant again. I was confused but didn’t want to let it occupy my mind too much. I was swiping on a dating app just for fun (no intention of meeting anyone new) and then his profile popped up, with updated photos and everything. I swiped to see what would happened and we matched. Anyway... he said “hey friend” and I came right out and told him that if he’s looking for new people to hookup with, then we need to end this because I couldn’t do that. I told him that I have the dating app too, but it’s because i didn’t know where this was going, but i wasn’t looking to actually be with anyone new and unlike him, i hadn’t updated my profile since we met. He told me that he didn’t know where this was going either and he made it clear from the start that he wasn’t looking for anything serious. I told him i was getting confused because we’d been getting so much closer and to me it seemed like more than what a casual hookup relationship would entail. He said he’s sorry and that he does like me a lot, but he isn’t looking for anything serious rn. So, I told him that i think we need to stop at least for now, because i can’t force him into being serious with me but if it’s not gonna go anywhere then I’m just gonna get hurt. He didn’t reply to my last text, and two days later he removed me as a Snapchat friend and he deleted his dating profile (it said ’deleted user’). Is he mad at me?
3
0