If a guy mainly texts to ask about homework but likes to hold conversations with you does that mean he's being friendly?

Anonymous
So I have been getting to know this guy in one of my classes for a month so far. We became study partners and always paired up for in class assignments since we sat next to each other. I noticed that we had conversed in person much better than we do through text. He mainly just texts me about the homework (no, never to do it for him), but we spoke for literally a whole hour about our lives and even more personal things like what we want to do in the future and our main dreams/goals. There was also studying involved, haha. While I can still contact him through text I don't know how the whole virus thing is going to play out since school canceled. But do you think he's just trying to be friendly?
4
1