I think im in an unconventional friends with benefits I don't know if this is a dead end or we can work something out?

D00medRomantic
weve been friends with benefits for 3+ months now. At the beginning we made full disclosure that were not looking for anything serious for personal reasons as were both very busy people. We both think its unfair to commit to someone if you can't give them your time. He disclosed too that i am the only one he is seeing as he doesn't like dating simultaneously. I was still going on dates when we started but eventually stopped going out because i couldnt fit it.

We get along really well and have the same humour. Sex is great and he's not a total jerk because he's very considerate. This is my first friends with benefits as I've only done a few one night stands so i ask him a lot and clarify it with him because i think were in an unconventional type of friends with benefits.

He wants connection so that its not too bland. Which i agree that friendship is the key word here. We meet 1 a week and message Almost everyday through out the day. He insists i stay over every time because i live far. A few weeks in, an unfortunate event happened and got the news that his grandmother passed away. He called me but because i was at work and away from my phone i couldn’t answer so i called him back as soon as i got my phone. Id say this is a major event which you wouldn't contact your friends with benefits for but as a friend I was there. I've brought him to 2 work event of mine. We spent his birthday together. he's met my friend but i haven't met his except his roommates which I understand and i dont take it against him. He has told me he likes hanging out with me, he likes me, and that he likes his daily routine especially having me part of it. I've told him i like him and he makes me happy.

But my dilemma is that his ex is back, they broke up over 2 years ago and i think its been on his mind recently. He says he doesn't love her anymore but still unsure. Thats when he said he is emotionally closed off with me and started to notice he’d message me at a certain time only. he's still happy and would like to keep it this way. Im happy but i think i should let go.
5
1