He's texted less in the past 2 days and says he's been busy. Should I be worried that he's become less interested?

Anonymous
We've been dating online and meeting each other in a couple months (if corona lets us). During the last few days, he hasn't been online that much. He did respond the moment I texted him (lengthy, enthusiastic response) but wouldn't initiate conversation and got offline after he responded to my text. He messaged me on Saturday and told me he missed talking to me and that he's told all his friends about me. We kept talking. Yesterday I messaged him and asked him "how are you?" He wasn't online but then he got online but didn't read my message. I got angry and told him that I shouldn't probably text him because he's ignoring me. He then quickly replied and said he hasn't been ignoring me and that he's tired and just got home. I just said yeah... then he sent a photo of him (his eyes were SOOO red and his face looked tired--he said he had a tough week: he works at health care and has been testing people for COVID19 during the last month. He told me before that he'd text while he's at work but it would be sporadic) I'm now worried if he is losing interest in me. Why wouldn't he send a simple, short text asking how I am doing?
4
1