Someome who I had rejected a long time ago is talking trash about me, should I confront him?

Smiley_face101
About a year ago I was in this club and sadly got wicked drunk.
This guy was flirting with me and I gave him my IG, then we talked on the texts for a few days until I figured out he is not the right guy for me due to many many reasons. Turns out that ever since he has been spreading rumors about me, we dont really have linked social circle but turns out one of my friends know him.
She posted an IG story of me and her in a Zoom video chat and they got into a huge fight about me. He called me a "gold digger" and said that I have missed the chance of having the perfect partner by rejecting him.
He is still talking about me with people and its wired since it has been almost a year.
I told another girlfriend of mine the story and she said I should confront him, on the other hand a guy friend that I have told me to ignore it.
Its not that I am hurt or something, the guy that I rejected is a total loser and way bellow my level.
But another part of me is angry that he is still talking about me!
7
1