The guy I’m seeing hit me today for the first time, could it happen again?

Anonymous
The guy I’ve been seeing for a month has gotten intensely possessive and jealous, getting mad if I don’t respond to texts right away, annoyed if I hang out with my friends, and furious if I follow a guy back on social media. Today he asked to see me to only tell me everything I’m doing wrong and was being super rude, he through the list of guys I follow back on my Instagram, asking if I know any of them. He belittled me, talked over me and didn’t care that I found him rude. He even said “you’re embarrassed now, look how stupid you look.” I was being understanding and said I’ll stop but he said he will need time to think about this... he hit my knee while I was trying to speak and I said “you hit me” but he did not care. He said I am the only girl he’s been interested in for a very long time (5 years ago we graded in the same high school class but a month ago is the first time ever talking to him) and he said he gave up liking pictures of girls and was super serious about me but now that I’m apparently wanting attention from Guys it made him not into me anymore ti the point he said he doesn’t want to touch me. This made me feel like crying and guilty. I've never seen this side of him, should I just cut contact or let him know how I am feeling?
3
3