Guys, Why did this bother him so much?

Anonymous
Basically two months ago, my guy friend and I hung out. We got back to his parents house and when his dad was there, I got a bit shy as I do when I’m not used to being around someone a lot. So as a result, I ended up getting on my phone to relieve some of my awkwardness. My friend even had asked me if there was anything I wanted to talk about or do before I left and he was disappointed when I said no. Basically I had asked him later that same night to confirm my suspicions if he was disappointed about how the evening ended and he was. I later explained myself and apologized for making him feel awkward because that wasn’t my intention at all. I thought once I explained myself and apologized that was the end of it. Apparently not, because he brought it up in our phone convo two months later. I honestly was surprised because I thought it was done and over with but it really got to him and stayed in his mind for all that time. He said he’s someone who likes personal interaction and tries not to be on his phone when hanging out with other people. But I had explained myself so why bring this up two months later?
Guys, Why did this bother him so much?
Add Opinion