I asked my boyfriend how his mental health is, can anyone help me understand what he wrote?

Anonymous

Him: “ I don’t know babe I’m just really struggling with this quarantine it’s given me a lot of time to think and most of that has just been my brain bombarding me with shit and constantly putting me down and making me overthink things and it really sucks but I can’t do anything about it but recently it has stopped so I think that it’s getting better but I’m just not entirely sure what I’m feeling or even thinking some of the time. It’s surprisingly difficult for me to figure out my own feelings and thoughts most of the time and when that happens I kind of try and shut myself off from everything and I think that might be the distance you are feeling but don’t worry it’s not you and I’m trying to figure it out. And I think I’m feeling it more now because it really helps when I can have a distraction like work or my friends but not being able to do anything really has had me feeling it lately”

I understand what he means, but lately he’s been ignoring me a lot while we’re apart due to quarantine but I always make sure to check in on his mental health once in a while. He’s good with replying to others while it seems when he’s upset he just cuts me off until he figures it out. I know he loves me, he proves that in person all the time and he said he always feels loved when I ask things like this. We’ve been together for over 2 years and he’s always struggled mentally at times but this one got me.
8
1