Can you help me understand his mixed behavior towards me?

Pennypolish
His aunt died last week (I knew her well) and when I text my condolences- he replied back “thanks, luv ya.” Which he’s never said to me. And he doesn’t use that word with anyone.

When I walked into the funeral (I went because I am like family and knew her well) he took one look at me and turned away. I went up to him and hugged him and he said “oh”. Through the day- he didn’t even try to talk to me. But he went up to my boyfriend- who he doesn’t have a relationship with-and talked about shoes! Lol. It was so weird.

I eventually went up to him to chat- but we got interrupted after 15seconds. When he came back I was chatting with his brother and he walked away. He did sit near me though.

We haven’t spoken since. I’m just sad. I will say at the funeral when I looked over at him- he was already looking at me a couple times. And I did give him a hug bye. But it’s been silence.
3
0