He tells me about his casual dating life. But he told me he likes me. Why do guys share things like that?

Anonymous
I met this guy while he's on a student exchange in my city. We hung out a couple of times and we are friends with benefits. We're both cool about being friends with benefits as long as we respect each other.

long story short, he flew back to his country and since then we still kept in touch for some reason. but I feel like ever since he went back, we somehow became much closer. We talked a lot and video calls approximately once a week for 3-4 hours every time. and he always initiates it. I don't have any problem with that but I just find it weird that he somehow calls me semi-regularly and we're friends with benefits. Also, the fact that we don't live in the same city anymore.

through the video calls, I can tell that he's opened up so much with me and even showed his vulnerable side. he compliments me a lot, commented on my photos on social media. also he often tells me how much he appreciates me and how comfortable he is with me and so on. he also somehow tell his friends about me even though I am now far far away with him. hence, through those actions, I somehow like to think that he might like me more than just a friends with benefits. however, he also tells me about the girls he's sleeping with, that he went out with them and had sex blablabla. one time we video called and he randomly pointed out at his couch that he had sex there with girls sometimes. Does he actually like me or just sees me as his best friend? and why are guys like that...
He tells me about his casual dating life. But he told me he likes me. Why do guys share things like that?
Add Opinion