Why would a guy stay in touch with a woman for a really long time after their date, but never ask her out again?

This situation happened to me last year. I met a guy on a dating site and we went on one date. I felt like the date went really well, but the problem was that he never asked me for a second date. And every time I tried to bring up the idea of us seeing each other again, he made up excuses.

The weird part is that he still kept talking to me for 6 months after our first date. We talked almost every single day. But I eventually decided not to talk to him anymore because I felt like he was wasting my time.

But what do you think his reasons were to even want to keep talking to me? If he wasn't interested, doesn't it seem like he would have disappeared soon after the first date?
16
1