Men, can you help me understand this? Why do some guys do this? Is it just a lack of texting etiquette? Or something else?

Anonymous
I have heard more than one woman talking online about meeting a guy, who seems great etc and they start chatting over text. They’re having a great conversation with them, when all of a sudden - right in the middle of their conversation - the guy just stops texting back. Is this just something that most men think is normal to do? Without saying something like: “bye! it was nice talking” or something like that? I have a guy friend who I am interested in, however he has done this SEVERAL times. To where I get nervous now when we’re texting and I’m just prepared that at ANY moment he’s suddenly going to stop responding to my messages (in the middle of a conversation).
6
1