Slept with a guy friend a couple of times and he's since gone a bit quiet. Is he just over it?

Anonymous
So I've known this guy a couple of years and we've always been flirtatious. We recently slept together. I went to his place where he'd cooked for me and since I had been drinking he asked me to stay the night.

Im confused about his behaviour lately as he's been very distant. The last time I'd slept with him he asked me if I was looking for a relationship. To which my response was 'uhhh I think it's too soon to talk about a relationship' and his response was 'no I'm just trying to understand what your looking for' and I'd answered with 'I don't go looking for relationships if something happens it happens.'

Before this conversation we were texting pretty consistently and at one point I was in a bad mood and was supposed to go and see him but decided it was best not to. Hed asked if i wanted to chat over the phone that night. After id apologised the next morning, he'd responded with 'who else is going to put up with your moods'.(were both very sarcastic) but it came across as more of a statement a boyfriend would make.

Is he trying to remain distant because he's hurt/doesn't want to get hurt?

We've only really messaged since then if I've initiated.
Any suggestions on how to proceed?
2
4