Why does my boyfriend start to act more loving towards me when we are around his friends?

Anonymous
Over the last 7 years I have noticed that when it is just my boyfriend and myself he doesn’t seems to be as affectionate towards me or really as caring, however when we are around other people he makes sure he is being a lot more affectionate and gives off the impression that he is 100% devoted towards me. ( even though this is not the case considering he has cheated twice and had an emotional affair too, something I don’t talk about with anyone so other than myself and himself no one knows about his cheating ways) off topic there anyway While I enjoy the sudden extra attention and while I would never ask him why the sudden extra devotion when around others I am left wondering why it is the case, it often feels like his trying to betray that he is like that towards me all the time.
why is he doing it?
1
3