Me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 years, but there is a problem. Please help?

Lizmartin
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 years. We are so much alike. We met when we were 17. I am now 24. My family loves him and his family loves me, and they think we should get married. He’s a very nice guy. He’s never cheated or gave me any reason not trust him. The only problem I’ve been dealing with over the years is how spoiled he is. His parents spoiled him to death, and he throws a fit when something doesn’t go his way. He could get the wrong order at a restaurant and he will have a complete melt down. It’s embarrassing for me because sometimes he does this in front of our friends. I’ve tried talking to him about it but he hasn’t tried to change. He’s always negative about everything. He seems so sad all the time. No matter what. He won’t open up to me. It seems like his negativity is pushing me away. I start to feel emotionally drained around him. I constantly feel like I need to make him happy or keep him for getting upset at something small or negative. He’s never blown up on me or anyone. But he has this melt down where he’s cursing, extremely upset, yelling, etc. Any advice on how to handle this? I feel like he’s a great guy, but it’s hard to see a future. I couldn’t imagine my kids dealing with a dad that has a melt down for everything. By the way, both of his parents are negative people. Please help. Is this something I should take serious?
15
1