Why he says he loves me but later says he doesn't?

Belleevans
So I'm seeing an expat who is unsure if he is going to stay in my country or eventually go home. He met me 3 months ago. He says the connection is the strongest he's ever had with a girl and it's crazy he can't believe it. At times when we have sex he looks in my eyes and says he loves me. Other times he says it when we are talking. Then whenever I say I love him he says "Thankyou " or "me too". Twice now I say... sooo... do you love me? He says " I like you...". I say but do you love me?" He's saying like is same as love. When I ask if he feels same way he always says he thinks I'm in love and he isn't. He doesn't feel love for me. Saying it is different to feeling it. He thinks I have stronger feelings and he doesn't. I then cry because I feel he's just using the word "love " as a way of keeping me around and this "strong connection " he says we have is just his way of swooning me. Do you think he's confused and scared because he may go home and doesn't want to get hurt or... is this some nasty mean game men play to keep and control women? Thoughts?
Why he says he loves me but later says he doesn't?
Add Opinion