Weve been together for several months, why lie about not having social media?

Anonymous
Gonna keep the details short. Been with someone for several months now. I have no reason to believe he is seeing others, or talking to others. We usually hangout pretty often and he's always calling me. I do know that he cares. Anyways. weve spoke about social media and he's always said that its a distraction, etc etc. And that he doesn't have it. Come to find out, I get on his computer the other day to sign in to my own social media, and boom. he has accounts on instagram. And why yes.. after that I checked facebook.. and indeed, there's some on there too. I called up my friend and she asked me if I wanted her to follow the account on her fake account, but i said no, and i didn't sign in to any of them. I just wanted to be respectful but I got curious. Later that day we talked about it again i forgot in what context but he said I dont have any accounts. I remember saying are you sure about that and he said yes. Well. I looked up one of those accounts.. its private, only a few posts, but a lot of following and followers. Out of curiousity today, I saw those numbers change. Thus meaning that that account is still being used. I just want to know why somebody would lie about this. Thanks.
6
1