Does my guy friend's texting habit indicate that he likes me or only sees me as a friend?

Anonymous
- he never initiates texts with me (has initiated 3-4 times over the course of 4 months we've known each other)
-replies fast
-sometimes we have talked for 1hr to 2hrs straight via texting
-sometimes he ends the convo quick (about 4 exchanges in text between us and then he doesn't carry on the convo after my reply)

sometimes I don't know whether to even initiate texts with him or not. this is why I probably text him once a week. he's much better in person. he's shown signs of interest in person but it's gonna take too long to explain here so I'm trying to understand why he's not like that with texting? he's like this with initiating plans too by the way. If I initiate plans, he usually 90% of the time agrees. sometimes he will say he is busy (dunno if they're excuses). and he's flirty with me in person. but again if a guy likes a girl, wouldn't he take every opportunity to keep the text convo going? which sometimes he isn't doing (he did this today, which is why i'm posting this right now!). and we talk like once a week via text.
2
0