Guys If your ex texted you wouldn't you ask them how they were (If you had ended in good terms)?

Romi93
I commented on my ex's IG story congratulating him for a promotion I knew he was looking forward to. We ended things less than 2 months ago, in good terms.
The reply I got was just a thank you and a smiley face.

I shouldn't have commented anything, i know, but I was actually happy for him. Was really hoping he would at least want to small talk.
27 d
I got lots of different answers and I realized I didn't give context:
*We broke up 2 months ago
*We broke up because he said he wasn't ready for a committed relationship right now, he still wanted to be with me, he suggested a different dynamic not to hurt me but I didn't want less than what we already had.
I congratulated him because it was a project that had started when we were together and that it finished when we were not.
I am curious about how he is doing and thought he would be too.
9
3