Have you ever wanted someone you can't have?

Dazed0N0Confused
While his name doesn't matter, it is some generic white boy name. I've liked him for a time now, and I know he likes me as at least a friend, our conversations pretty much lead us to known we are pretty alike in most aspects of our belief systems (both atheists by the way). I've liked him for a minute, but I know he isn't into me the way I me into him. I'm "just the bartender" after all.
"Kelly" (not his real name by the way) is a good dude, is totally respectful, doesn't make me feel like shit like other guys do, but I know he isn't as into me as I want him to be.
I know what he's looking for in a gal; older, experienced, someone to treat him right. Which I totally respect, I'm just not as old as he aspires to be with.
I just don't know how to get over my "crush"... Especially since I know he isn't looking for someone like me, ie his own age.
I know I'm a 7 on a good day, but I'm just the (24yo) girl next door that's the bartender at the neighborhood "Cheers".
Any ideas on how to get over him?
Anyone else want someone they can't have?
11
4