Would you stay with someone who quit their job due to depression?

Anonymous
My boyfriend (who is currently staying with his sister after a huge argument yesterday over finances) quit his job months ago due to his depression. I have been supportive of it. I have been offering him resources to get help. He has been going to the gym to beat on a punching bag, which actually helps him a great deal.

However, yesterday he wanted to go help his dad for the 3rd day in a row, knowing we had no groceries in the house. His dad lives over an hour away and ultimately in 2 days, he blew through almost $60 for gas after carting his dad around everywhere. His dad treats him like a money pit, because he knows that I make good money. So I basically told him that it wasn't a good day and we had stuff to do. He was angry because his dad made him feel like he absolutely needed him. So I explained to him calmly that I am already supporting him and I dont intend to support his father as well.

He went off (his depression comes in the form of anger) and basically said that he has no intention of getting a job because he's so depressed that he just wants to kill himself. Anyways, he is at his sisters and now I am faced with a huge decision to make. Leave the man I love who is extremely depressed and refuses to work as a result, or stand by him and try helping him more and be supportive until he is mentally healthy enough to do it on his own.

What would you do?
4
3