This dude at my college randomly and briefly spoke to me as I was just walking to get lunch. why (read detail below)?

Anonymous
So early this afternoon I was walking on campus to get lunch and this dude who had his bicycle was a couple of feet away from me and stopped riding his bicycle and just walked with it. I didn't care what was going on around me as I'm just really hungry (our college doesn't have a variety of food to eat due to the pandemic). So as the dude is walking towards me he just randomly looked at me and said, "I don't feel like biking up that hill" and I was just really confused thinking, "Why are you telling me?" (not thinking in a rude way). I've had that happen before though where some dude at my college who I don't know says something randomly to me like how that dude commented. I find it to be very strange as most guys at my college are very blunt and rude but any time a guy has randomly said something to me while I'm walking on campus, it's not like that. This dude though wasn't talking on the phone or to someone else but was looking at me while saying the random comment. I'm just curious if there's a reason why guys do this of randomly saying something to me as they walk past me alone. I'm just asking out of curiosity cause I'm a curious person.
3
1