Is it weird that he doesn’t get on social media anymore?

Anonymous
I’ve been friends with this guy since high school. We’re 25 now. We stopped talking when he got a girlfriend last year. They lasted a year and broke up. Now he only has Instagram and Snapchat. No other social media like Facebook (he had that before).

Well we have been talking almost everyday since May 2020. On instagram. However he hasn’t gotten on Instagram for exactly a week now. It’s out of character since he’s on every single day and we talked almost everyday. The only days we didn’t was when I was at work. He still messages at work since he works at home.

Backstory: he’s been depressed since I’ve known him but he doesn’t show it AT ALL. He’s good at hiding it. He had a baby with his ex but he’s never met his son. I know it was a bad relationship also from what he’s told me.

Is this weird that he hasn’t been on in a week? Like should I be worried? Or is there any reason that he hasn’t been on? (I have mutual friends with his ex and apparently they don’t talk at all)
3
2