Is my crush doing this to make me jealous or is he hinting something?

Anonymous
so me and this guy were talking, he's a friend of a friend. We were talking for a few months and all went out as a group of friends several times. Me and him have a lot in common and I solo travel and we were talking about all our travel plans and things to do together, going to several beaches etc and he wanted to start doing it too anyways he asked me out a few months back and said im not sure and will think about it. he's been posting heartbroken status' and emojis

Most recently an abusive toxic ex has been trying to get in contact and the ex has turned threatening as I have rejected him which my crush is aware of...

I've removed my display picture and put everything on private so no one can see anything anymore as my ex is harassing me and the police are involved

My crush never posts on his WhatsApp status ever or has never been solo travelling but he's posted a photo of himself next to a beach and there is an empty seat next to him and the reflection in the sunglasses is his hand, he is taking the picture and isn't with anyone else

Do you think he is trying to make me jealous as he knows I'm sad or is he hoping I get in touch?
2
1