He asked me to joint his group of friends and their partners - is he interested in me?

Seethelight
My building residence mate and I have a friendly relationship. When we bump into each other in the communal area, he’d always tease me for being a workaholic in a joking manner but on a few occasions would adopt a more serious tone and tell me to think about work life balance.

He’s an really nice guy in general who gets along and talks to everyone. He’d tell me to have a nice day when leaving for work, asking bout how an event went if we talked about it previously. There was once he told me I should drop by an event in the building hosted by some other mates. I didn’t think much of it since it was all residence mates.

Until this weekend, we were talking about our weekend plans and he was saying where he’s going and asking if I’ve been to places (I haven’t been around much as I’m very new to the city and work a lot). He then told me I should join him and his friends who aren’t living in our busily - they always do something on the weekend. It’s him, 2 couples and another guy.

If he’s asking me to join him and his friends with their significant other, is he casually asking as a friend or is he interested in more?
4
1