Is my guy friend using me as a pass time or does he actually have interest in me? ?

Anonymous
he hung out with me for a whole day (spent 7hrs together, put his arm around me for a bit during the movie, paid for my meal, drove me home) but then a few days later when I ask him to hang he says he's busy (when I know he has time to do something later in the day). He should've at least given me an alternate date and been like "i'm busy today, but let's hang tomorrow."... or something like that

Does this mean he's just spending time with me bc I give him attention and that's it?

he's never dated any girl by the way. never had a girlfriend. and we have hung out many times like this alone where we spent 7+ hours together
25 d
OR after talking to my friends who know him as well, we think he got shy. He's never dated and probably has never interacted with a girl. this last hang out was the first time he attempted to put his arms around me and bc it was kind of in an uncomfortable position he moved it away 5 minutes later. I later put my head on his shoulder for 10-15 min. but it explains that he's nervous to meet me again... bc of shyness. is this plausible? I know his personality and he's not the player type
3
1