Why would my guy friend be all mean and distant after hearing my story about another guy?

Anonymous
There was a point when he had a crush on me and I had a crush on him but it didn’t happen at the same time. I ended up confessing a couple of months ago, but he rejected me. I didn’t get hurt or hold it against him because I wanted to be friends with him and have him in my life. Things were back to normal like nothing happened.

The other day, I was telling one of my friends about another guy from one of my university classes that I used to talk to. He happened to approach me while I started telling the story, so he ended up hearing it too. Right after, he started asking me questions about it. Then he started acting weirdly and being mean to me, and it felt like something was off if I tried to talk to him.

I don’t want to assume that he is jealous because he rejected me before: What are some possible reasons for his weird and mean behaviour?
4
1