Why would a guy pretend like he couldn’t get a girl when he could?

Anonymous
I worked with someone in the past who had acted like he had low self esteem but had numerous relationships and didn’t appear to have any issues with women. I myself had severe issues with self esteem and severe issues dating not even having my first girlfriend but anyways we would talk and there happen to be a really attractive girl that started at our job and he goes dude I wish I could get her or I wish I could be you because I would talk to the girl. Well the thing is he could have gotten her the whole time she never had any interest in me and wanted him. So my question is why do people pretend like they can’t get something when they easily can. If someone wasn’t able able to do it it was me not only in that particular situation but still to this day
16 d
Just so you guys know this girl went on to date him and she also rubbed it in my face because when she rejected me. I verbally told her I never believed I could get her. Because she had told me once “you just assumed you could get me” and it wasn’t like that at all
1
2