Would a guy try to spend every chance he gets with a crush or does he need time to himself too?

Anonymous
my guy friend hung out with me for a whole day (spent 7hrs together, put his arm around me for a bit during the movie, paid for my meal, drove me home) but then a few days later when I ask him to hang he says he's busy (when I know he has time to do something later in the day). He should've at least given me an alternate date and been like "i'm busy today, but let's hang tomorrow."... or something like that

Does this mean he's not into me? I'm just a friend to him? but he shows other signs of being interested in me. he's even nervous to text me first (he never initiates) whereas he will freely initiate texts with other girls who are our friends.

he's never dated any girl by the way. never had a girlfriend. and we have hung out many times like this alone where we spent 6+ hours together. but sometimes he will give me an excuse that he's busy when I ask him to hang out (when I've verified/found out later on that he was free the rest of the day to do something). maybe guys just want time to themselves and only like to spend time with a girl once a week? (that's how often we usually hang out) My only thing is that he has hung out with another friend of ours (girl) twice in a week... once on Tuesday and once again on Thursday. so why not with me?
17 d
the girl he hung out with is bff's with him by the way. they're best friends pretty much
2
0