Did it mean anything when my coworker said why not when he overheard me tell my other coworker that I like him but not going to do anything about it?

Anonymous
my coworker asked if I liked my male coworker and at first I was like no, I dont like him I mean I like him as a person but not as coworker. Then today I worked with him and realized that I do really like him and attracted to him, so I told her you know I do like him like romantically but I’m not going to do anything about it and he overheard and said why not... I was so embarrassed and just told him like oh I was talking about a different guy with the same name.. and he just went oh, okay like he was so confused.. I felt bad and it got awkward quick but I just couldn’t risk the fear of rejection or embarrassment if he didn’t feel the same. So did it mean anything when he said why not after eavesdropping.
Did it mean anything when my coworker said why not when he overheard me tell my other coworker that I like him but not going to do anything about it?
Add Opinion