Did it mean anything when my coworker said why not when he overheard me tell my other coworker that I like him but not going to do anything about it?

Anonymous
my coworker asked if I liked my male coworker and at first I was like no, I dont like him I mean I like him as a person but not as coworker. Then today I worked with him and realized that I do really like him and attracted to him, so I told her you know I do like him like romantically but I’m not going to do anything about it and he overheard and said why not... I was so embarrassed and just told him like oh I was talking about a different guy with the same name.. and he just went oh, okay like he was so confused.. I felt bad and it got awkward quick but I just couldn’t risk the fear of rejection or embarrassment if he didn’t feel the same. So did it mean anything when he said why not after eavesdropping.
0
1