Do you think he’s just messing with me because he’s bored or he’s actually genuinely interested?

Anonymous
I’m into this guy who’s my type, but I’m not his. But sometimes I feel like he could be into me anyway because he compliments me, like how i would be a great with kids, and how he thinks I’m nice that I let my sister drive my car even though she got into a car accident. He said he likes my ankle bracelet, my tattoos, etc. Sometimes I can see him look at me and we hold eye contact sometimes until I break it. And at work, when I do something he’ll come and join me and stand really close to me too. And I don't know... I guess I just can’t help but wonder if he’s bored and just entertaining himself being all sweet and caring towards me, or it’s actually genuine. He showed me his clothing design and said no one knows about and I’m the first one and opened up about his ex and just I don't know. My friends tell me just give it time or try and make gestures at him to show him interested like compliment him back but he almost never wears anything new or comment on how he is I don't know. And some of my friends just think he’s using me, leading me on or something so I just have to ask you guys your opinions. Should I just give let things flow, give it time or just try and move on if he’s only doing it to pass time.
Do you think he’s just messing with me because he’s bored or he’s actually genuinely interested?
Add Opinion