My friend is really overprotective. Could it mean he has feelings or he sees me as a sister, etc?

Anonymous
The guy in question is my older brothers friend. He isn't very nice or friendly generally. And he isn't my type. Kind of a meathead. I know he gets into fist fights and drinks quite a bit.

I just pick up on things as if he pays extra attention to me. He seems to treat me with more softness than others and he is very overprotective when it comes to other guys. When we're at social settings he gets in the middle of other guys who hit on me or approach me. Even if they are just chatting with me. Then they back off. The other night a mutual friend was hammered and he kept kissing my face. I didn't feel unsafe or harassed. I wasn't bothered. I was laughing because it tickled. But then I head this guy in question say "That's enough" from across the room. And the kissy drunk friend immediately stopped.

That's happened more than once. And although I said he isn't my type these qualities that he shows are throwing me for a loop and I begin to think of him outside of just "my brothers friend". The thing is he was a girlfriend and it's just not right. So I will NEVER act on anything or let him know how I'm feeling. I believe when I'm a little tipsy I don't hid it as well. But like I say I will never go behind someones back.
I'm just curious to know whether or not I'm over thinking things.. from a outsiders pov...
Is it more of a brotherly lover or something else.
Thanks!
2
0