How can you tell if a guy friend is using you for practice or actually has feelings for you?

Anonymous
When ever we are alone and hang out, he's always touchy with me. He doesn't do this when others are around.

-last time we hung out, he got a bit more bolder and put his arm around me while we watched a movie. he then moved it back 5 min later
-he's never tried to kiss me
-each time we meet, I feel like he gets a bit more touchy?
-when we do hang out, he touches me from time to time, not during the whole duration
- once he randomly put his hand on my thigh while we were talking and moved it back after a minute
- he never initiates texts with me but always replies fast when I do
-also apparently he hates hanging out but he usually always is down to hang out with me or our other friend (she's a girl, but he knows he can't be with her cuz she has a boyfriend and different religion). he usually turns down everyone else

And he's never dated or had a girlfriend before. Which is why at first I thought he was interested in me (which I want him to be, since I like him), but then I was like damn maybe i'm just practice? what do you guys think?
2
1