I have been clearly ignoring this guy who was initially leading me on. He pretends in group chats that we are still friends. Why would he do that?

Anonymous
One of my male coworker was leading me on. I found out that he is talking to a new female coworker whom he avoids when she is with us. She says that she has a boyfriend who she is going to marry. this was before covid hit. Ever since, I ignore that guy whenever we are in group chat with our work friends. I give formal short answers to his work related questions without the use of hi, hello or bye.
He is well aware that I am giving him a cold shoulder. Despite this, in a group chat today, he wrote something about me in a humorous way which indicated to others that he and I have friendly terms. I just ignored it.
Can someone help me understand why he would do that when he knows that I have no interest in him anymore and I give cold shoulder all the time? Also, should I give him a fitting reply next time he tries to do the same or continuing to ignore will be a good idea? Please advise! Thank you.
0
2